- ABOUT US
Motorconnect.co.uk is the trading name Motorconnect Limited and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FCA No.806332 is registered in England and Wales (Company number 11259257). Registered office :(registration number 11259257).
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Data Protection No: ZA335388
You are able to view and use the website at your own convenience and you do not have to provide any personal information if you do not wish to do so. However, we would refer you to the “Cookies” section below.
When you make an application for car finance with us we may ask you to supply “sensitive” personal information. This may include (but is not limited to) the following: –
Date of birth
Job title and description
National insurance number
Driving License number
Email address (if applicable)
Telephone number (home, mobile, work)
Details of bank account
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us when applying for a car loan product online or via the telephone. This enables us to process your application and to obtain an offer of finance which best suits your needs and requirements. In the course of providing this service to you, we may also store information about how you use our site, and in order to contact you in the future about products/services which we believe may interest you, and also for marketing purposes. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted for these purposes via the methods detailed in this policy. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our agents/business associates/service providers other than on the goods and/or services which you have requested information about, please indicate this when submitting your personal information, or contact us using the details on our website.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information as follows:
- to enable you to access and use our services;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our services;
- for research purposes;
- to communicate with you, including some or all of the following:
- sending you information about products/services which we think may be of interest to you – this may include new product launches, car loans/finance offers available and newsletters.
- sending you loan quotes. We may also send that information to our agents/business associates/service providers such as credit brokers/finance companies.
- sending you a confirmation email/text/telephone call relating to your quote. When you submit an application with us, you will automatically be sent confirmation of your application by email/text or SMS so that you have a record of it;
- to process an application between you and a third party i.e. the lender;
- to track sales, which may involve us sharing data with your product provider. Your product provider may also send us information they hold relating to the product(s) you have purchased for this purpose;
- to match our data with data from other sources – we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate and consistent. Further, this ensures that any marketing material that we send you is tailored and appropriate to your needs;
- to potentially pass on your data to third parties for marketing purposes as per section 4;
- You agree that we and, with your consent, other trusted third parties will be entitled to contact you via email, post, telephone, SMS, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media, in relation to products, services and other offers that may interest you
Whenever you provide us with personal information, where necessary we will seek your consent, and/or we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to the use and sharing of your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such use.
- WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
When you complete an application, you consent to disclosing your personal information to the following: –
- Motorconnect.co.uk and its agents/business associates and service providers in order to communicate with you, including sending you information about products/services which may be of interest to you, and in order to process an application.
We may receive your personal information from these agents/business agents and service providers and use it in accordance with section 4 above.
- the Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
- In accordance with data protection & privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
if required or permitted to do so by law;
if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
- If we reasonably believe false/inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
- WHO MIGHT OUR ASSOCIATES SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Some of our agents/business associates/service providers will use your personal information to assess your circumstances (including information about any third party who is named on the application) and verify the information you have provided before providing a quote to you. Some may carry out checks with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies. Both public data (e.g. the Electoral Roll/County Court Judgements/Bankruptcy Orders) and private data (e.g. your personal credit history) may also be checked. Some providers may also carry out checks against data they already hold on you, (or is held by the company whose brand they administer the product for, or members of their group of companies) such as data from existing products, account data, data from previous product transactions, and share this with lenders in order to determine the outcome of your application. If providers carry out these searches, a record of the search will appear on your credit report.
Unless the customer states otherwise we will contact the customer via means of telephone, email, post, SMS automated messages or text to provide information/alerts relating to our services. We may also receive personal information/data from third parties, which enables us to offer Identified potential customers products and services, who have expressed interest in our products and services. Any information/data obtained from third parties is checked in regard to accuracy and we will endeavour to check your information with you on occasion. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information we have on record for you is kept up to date and correct. If you do require any of your information to be updated then please contact us via email or post as detailed on our website as soon as possible, so we can ensure it is corrected.
- HOW WE MAY CONTACT YOU
We may contact you via telephone, email, post, SMS, automated messages or text with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you.
- HOW YOU MAY CONTACT US
You may contact us by email telephone post or text using the address and numbers listed on our website. If you contact us via the listed telephone number then your call may be recorded for training, quality, monitoring and regulatory purposes. This enables us to continuously review and improve our customer service.
- HOW WE KEEP YOU INFORMED
What cookies do we use?
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on our site;
- understand the number of visitors to the site and the pages visited; and
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser or mobile application – these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or device either until you delete them, or they expire. Every time you visit motorconnect.co.uk, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using the service, you consent to us using cookies.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our services and this may affect the performance of our site on your system.
Important links explaining how cookies operate on our website.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You have certain rights under data protection legislation, this includes your right to be provided with a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing.
If you would like to opt out of future contact from email@example.com, please enter your details via www.removeme.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org where your details will be removed from any future marketing campaign.
Please note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the site is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
- CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS POLICY
We always aim to be fair and honest, so if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we want to hear about it so that we can aim to resolve it as quickly as possible. Should you wish to make a complaint, you can do so as follows: –
By Post: Complaints Department,
413 Manchester Road,
By Phone 01606 539359
By Email: email@example.com
In most cases we will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days and would hope to be able provide a final response within 4 weeks. We must point out however that we have a maximum of 8 weeks, starting from the date which we receive the complaint from you, in order to provide a final response.
We will write to you again within 4 weeks if we are unable to provide a final response within that time period. In any event we will respond to your complaint in full within 8 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, details of which are as follows:-
Financial Ombudsman Service
Web site: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Tel: 0300 123 9123
You can also report any of your concerns to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number,
Fax: 01625 524 510